What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post civil war projectile? Unknown.

frijoles108

I found this in a local militaria shop and the gentleman said he has had this there as long as he can remember. You can see the measurements in width on diacaliper, in both inches and mm. It's height is about 5 7/8 inches tall. Has a greenish paint on it that is wearing off.
76a84b3b043cde1755fa32d7b14f1920.jpg
7e62a58a45e7a05cacd39aaca4ce05b1.jpg
4c7e07bf871c29da2552a320d9dd4609.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I think it is a post civil war United States projectile. Just trying to determine for what . No luck in finding a match when searching for post civil war United States projectiles

Why are you limiting your search to post war? There are CW pieces that have similar features. Try the Dickey/George books as a starting point.

Warman's "Civil War Collectibles" by John Graf has twelve pages of Color photographs of a broad spectrum of CW projectiles. (2nd Edition 2006).

(Although I couldn't match your projectile)

If you do not have this book - let me know and I can scan and post the x12 pages.

Attachments

• IMAG7515a.jpg
    IMAG7515a.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG7516a.jpg
    IMAG7516a.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Warman's "Civil War Collectibles" by John Graf has twelve pages of Color photographs of a broad spectrum of CW projectiles. (2nd Edition 2006).

(Although I couldn't match your projectile)

If you do not have this book - let me know and I can scan and post the x12 pages.
I would love the photographs of the pages, thank you very much. Still looking for a similar example under post war and civil war projectiles. I will also weigh it tonight.