What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww1 german gas shell bottle

Yes this is accurate. 10 or so years ago these were fairly commonly offered on Ebay. No where near $600 though! I believe other agents were packaged this way.

This might help whats inside the bottle, that's way over priced i have seen them go for as much as £45 and thought that was expensive.
cheers
Andy

Attachments

• Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 31
  • gasbottle.jpg
    gasbottle.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I had 50 of them about 12 years ago . They all came from Belgium EOD & the contents disposed of safely . I did sell quite a few on eBay for about £40-50 each . Some time later , I had the remaining 30 or so stolen . They originally contained a white powder [DP] that the allies called Clark . They are not that common but I suspect $600 is a tad optimistic ! Hope this helps . Mike .

People generally pay significantly more for the larger bottles from the 10.5cm and 15cm projectiles, rather than the 7.7cm. However, none are worth close to this price!

Last edited:
I used to buy 4-5 of them every month at the militaria show in Arlon, from an old Belgian guy that was apparently emptying them at his home. 10 euros each. Went to one show finally and he had none, he said he had to quit since all of his cats had suddenly died. The agent, while pretty mild on the CW scale of things, is quite high in arsenic.