What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kz11 fuze & universal shell...

starshell

Premium Member
Hello all,
Could anyone here tell me if the KZ11 fuze as used on German universal 77mm shells was used on any other types of 77mm shell or whether this fuze was specifically designed just for use on that shell.
I know it has a triple action, with its G & S settings, but would it be way off to suggest this fuze might have been used on 77mm gas shells or was it not suitable for that type of projectile?
The book I have on German fuzes suggests the Universal shell became obsolete in 1916, but did the fuze go the same way? It suggests the KZ11 was improved in terms of range graduations, but no more info......
Reason I ask is I have a German long 77 gas shell, but no fuze, except a KZ11, and would like to know if the two are compatible.
Many thanks in advance for any info!
D

The KZ 11 can be found on:
- K. Gr. 15
- FK Geschoss 11
- FK Gr 96
- LFK Gr BlauKreuz

the last one is a long gas shell.

The KZ 11 can be found on:
- FK Gr 96

The FK Gr 96 has the wrong thread for a KZ11.

But the K. Gr. 14 (11) can be added, but that's a rare one.

@Starshell: There are at least three types of the KZ11:

K.Z. 11 Gr. (for different HE Shells)
K.Z. 11 Gr. Geb. (only used on german made shells for austro-hungarian 7,5 cm M.15 mountain gun)
K.Z. 11 Schr. (it's the triple action fuze, used only on the F.K.G.11 universal shell)

Last edited: