What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills hunting

ludokhan

Hello, we happen to look for months after an object ... to run from fair toi fair without finding anything ...
and then in a weekend it's wonder.

five mills, unfortunately incomplete , all for 175 euros ... I happy .

IMG_6180.jpgIMG_6193.jpgIMG_6184.jpgIMG_6183.jpg

as you see I have already started the restoration.

nice center piece on the white ''belgian'' one.(kenrick)

I also re'post the link concerning the marking on the shoulders of Mills.(from millsman...thx ).

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/97314-Mills-Shoulder-markings?highlight=shoulder+mills

still not found the origin??
IMG_6185.jpgIMG_6187.jpg

exactly the same shell and plug .... find in the same collector ..I love the chance of history :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Last edited:
I've probably find a solution for your M&P manufacturer : Mather & Platt, Manchester.
But it is without certitude !
Badly, nothing for HSC !

Yoda

Last edited:
thank you, I already know the manufacturer of the plug . May and Padmore (thx , dave )

but for the shoulder....( ?+ H +S +O or C )

You have done well.

The middle Mills, 1st and 2nd photos looks like a French made 'Dunkirk' model of which about 185,000 were made before production was stopped. Note the 'transverse' casting (top and bottom) with no seam at the sides.

John

great, thank you .

by chance any ideas of normally planned plug for this grenade ?
I received it only with its lever (type No. 5 with the hole from side to side)

This would have a solid brass plug with two holes but no markings. The centre-piece would also be of cast brass.

The HSC body is fantastic find im very envious, not sure if there is a french mills there center tube will identify ...... Dave

les mysteres de dunkirk

just to help identification.

IMG_6222.jpgIMG_6223.jpgIMG_6224.jpgIMG_6225.jpgIMG_6226.jpgIMG_6227.jpg

the center piece was very unscrew...

IMG_6221.jpg

P.B.& Co.
Platt Bros & Co. 10/16

Last edited: