What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

81 mm Spanish Civil War Mortar unknown

Hello!!
I found in a Barcelona's flea market the mortar of the photo, painted in color aluminum.
Anyone knowthis?
Compared with my other 81 mm mortar: 81mm Valero, 81mm Valero Reformado and ECIA 81mm (post-war)
IMG_0054.jpgIMG_0055.jpgIMG_0056.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably French.
In the spanish forums nobody knows tis.
It's the problem of the flea markets, you can not know where it came from.
Thank you again, Minenaz!!!

Hello Amunicionador, yes it is French, as MINENAZ16 identified it, but what is puzzling is the fuze adapter, and I am pretty sure it isn't a fuze adapter but a lamp adapter... I think what you have is what's left of a piece of trench art made from a 81mm BM18 mortar projo painted silver so at the time it displayed better on a mantel piece or on a table.
Below are a few pictures of a 75mm shell, painted and dated 1900 with the same kind of adapter.

Image-4.jpgImage-5.jpgImage-3.jpgImage-2.jpg

Hello Amunicionador, yes it is French, as MINENAZ16 identified it, but what is puzzling is the fuze adapter, and I am pretty sure it isn't a fuze adapter but a lamp adapter... I think what you have is what's left of a piece of trench art made from a 81mm BM18 mortar projo painted silver so at the time it displayed better on a mantel piece or on a table.
Below are a few pictures of a 75mm shell, painted and dated 1900 with the same kind of adapter.

View attachment 141088View attachment 141089View attachment 141090View attachment 141087

very relevant idea