What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inert Ordnance eBay

DEADLINE222

Hey men.....

eBay used to be a good getting place for ordnance and then one day that stopped.

My wife and I both listed some un-harmful looking items and our listings were pulled during the summer so I have not bothered listing anything since.

It got to a point around fall of last year where you didn't see as much as a M-228 spoon listed....nothing.

Now, since the start of the new year you can find a good selection with some really, really nice pieces listed -and no listings are not complete or otherwise pulled. Were are talking 7 day auctions running their full course.

Does any one have an idea of what is going on? I would love to list some of my duplicates but I cannot afford to receive an eBay ban.

Thoughts?

Not sure about a change,probably too busy counting all their profit.

I do find it very perverse though, when an item is listed, the seller is happy to ship out of the US , and the listing proudly proclaims international shipping via their 'Global shipping program'.
Usually expensive but i consider sometimes worth the effort to obtain the item.Then their same 'Global shipping outfit' sorting centre restricts the sale and won't release the item!.
OK,i get my money back , but if you are not willing or able to ship the item, why have a system that allows a sale to go through?. weird.

I was just banned again, now a 30 day ban. No rhyme or reason, I some how bought a nice M720 mortar round 60mm but was banned for trying to sell a 81mm mortar....and I have sold three Bofor duplicates with no problems.

I just had a 30mm inert sectioned round pulled from EBAY. TONS of inert stuff still up but they always snag mine. I used GB now for everything.

Jason

The Global shipping thing is dreadful, always try to avoid it - they will seize anything on any flimsy pretext and there is no way around it, nobody will talk to you and I even talked to somebody at pitney bowes and it was hopeless - it's another scam. I manage to sell 18prs on ebay, but it's how you word it, don't use words like projectile bullet etc.

My last heading;

WW1 Pair of 18prs Trench Art Lamps Artillery 1916 Army

Description

Two 18 pr heads. One has been cleaned in the past and has no markings, it has the centraltube in place. The other has a fair amount of the original grey paint on it, but also has some
rust pitting. The date for 1916 is visible under the paint, the central tube is not present so the push plate
rattles around inside. Neither are drilled through the bottom for lamping and neither have
any balls.

Sold as shown, I have not cleaned them.

Heavy as a pair so shipping is a guess and can go up or down depending where you are.
Shipping is $35 for seven day delivery from GTA area to PEI for example.

This listing went the full 7 days with no problem.

Even this CD was banned by EBay !!! And away!

Attachments

• Lehrblätter.jpg
    Lehrblätter.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 62
I just received a 30lb projectile I got off eBay -

Anything sent by the vendor via USPS arrives in 10 days,just a lot of listings won't give the option,always the Globalsup!.

I just had a listing for a WW2 vintage Hitler caricature ashtray pulled by eBay.
I talked to the woman who pulled the listing. She was a bit "confused".
They run automatic scans for keywords and then a human reviews them.
It all comes down to the training, diligence and critical thinking of the reviewer on duty.