What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1055mm Tank

Dave17

Hi guys,

Can you identify this: 105F.jpg105F.jpg

105A.jpg

105C.jpg105C.jpg105E.jpg

I believe it's a tank round, broad arrow on the case but i can't find any images of the same thing or paint scheme identifying it.

Thanks!

Hi Dave, I think you have a 105mm case from the post war NATO L7 tank gun, it should be between 607 and 617mm long. This gun armed many tanks including the British Centurion and was widely exported. I am not sure about the projectile, it appears to be a fired smoke round from the British 105mm light gun. If it is it does not belong with this case and should sit in a much shorter case marked 105mm FD. To help with identifications posting the size of the item is really useful, for cartridge cases the length, mouth diameter and rim diameter.

I believe the RW 244 coded case is for a Practice DS projectile. The 105mm FD smoke projectile above would be paired with a 105mm FD case, but it wouldn't sit in it as they were loaded separately.

Thanks guys, it's not in my possession so unfortunately i wasn't able to be much more helpful than that! I shall pass it on that it's a mis-match!