What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm hotchkiss projectile solid shot unknown manufacturer

earni74

Premium Member
011.jpg37mm Hotchkiss (37x94mm) solid shot projectile, there are no visible stamps, flat based, I cannot find this projectile in my paperwork/books, can anyone help identify it
Thanks

Hi pysall, it looks like yours has been chromed also, hopefully, someone will have the answer, thanks for your input

Hello earni74, is there a driving band underneath the chrome at the bourrelet? I have a solid shot with identical measurements. It is of Dutch manufacturing.

Attachments

• 5F1D3F53-F46C-4E45-AAE4-77C154EFFA52.jpg
    5F1D3F53-F46C-4E45-AAE4-77C154EFFA52.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 69
I cannot ID the projectile, but you have presented the data in the best manner that I have seen. high marks for the effort!! Incidentally, I have about 200 37mm in my collection. Never have seen this one..

highlandotter..... maybe you can help with this one then? The chromed one might be surplus to my requirements and better suited to a collection of 200+. PM me if interested. Rod
IMG_1240 (2).jpgIMG_1241 (2).jpgIMG_1242 (2).jpgIMG_1243 (2).jpg

Based on the 3 bands, would say this is Russian. I have one with same profile, but 84.6 long. Solid shot. Mine has no locating band. Mellichamp shows one same dimensions but with a locating ban as early Navy M1885.

Thanks for that. Not my sphere I'm afraid. Anything for you? PM me if interested, thanks, Rod