What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm Hotchkiss 37x94mm number 2

earni74

Premium Member
015.jpg014.jpg016.jpg017.jpg018.jpg019.jpg020.jpg

This projectile has a fuze I cannot identify, the projectile seems to have had the base machined off, there are no identifying marks on the projectile or fuze, there are 4 brass pins (as seen in photo) that must hold the striker in position until the target is struck

Again, I have checked all my paperwork/books and cannot find any reference, comments welcome Thanks

Refined fuze, adding a brass tip to the original. The difference in color is distinguished in the image. Trench art because there are so many.
Saludos

Here is another variant - as hasag says, suspect "trench art" as there are none of these pointed brass tips documented, as far as I am aware.IMG_0953 (2).jpg

IMG_0954 (2).jpgI am not sure about the brass tip on this one though. I don't have an example of my own but it is the upper projectile on this photo of mine. Is this "trench art-ed" too, or original?

The fired example is German with an art tip from the looks of it, likely the same in the next image of two, though the
nose seems to have a different profile.

after buying a better mag glass, I can see the join, hasag is 100% correct, thanks for all the comments, I think you might be right also Gordon about being German