What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

german "Gr. Z. 92" factories

Alpini

Premium Member
Hello,

is anyone here knowing examples of the german "Gr. Z. 92" which have a factory stamps different than:

"Kr." / "Kp." (Krupp) or
"A.E.G." (Allgemeine-Electricitäts-Gesellschaft) or
the Lion stamp (Ludwig Loewe) or
"R.M." (unknown at moment)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Alpini

Last edited:
Without being completely sure, I think it's Rheinische Metallwaren und Maschinenfabrik

Yoda

R.M. is for sure not Rheinmetall. The most likely factory for this abbreviation is "Reichelt Metallschrauben A.G., Finsterwalde" but I am not 100% sure. But it wasn't the question - I am looking for other factories than these four.

It would be especially interesting if a Gr.Z.92 with a "RB" (in a circle) stamp is existing.

Last edited:
Hi,

I checked 13 Dopp.Z. 92 in various variants (e.g. K15; n.F.; lg.Brlg; f.10 cm K), two of them were Dopp.Z. 92 but the factories were not longer visible.
On a Dopp.Z. 92 K15 I found the mark "E&O".

Regards Arjen

Hello Arjen,

thank you for checking, but I am looking for the Gr.Z.92, not the Dopp.Z.92 series.

The Gr.Z.92 was invented in 1916 and produced by private companies only. Because it used the same internal parts used for the Dopp.Z.92's it was named Gr.Z.92. The Dopp.Z.92 models were mostly produced by state factories and all of them are well known so there's no more research required. But your "E&O" marking on a Dopp.Z.92 is interesting it would be nice if you could post a picture from the marking.

What I am looking for, is a Gr.Z.92 (see picture) with the "RB" stamp (see 2nd picture) or other factory stamps which I did not mention in my first post. I am not sure if more then the companies mentioned in this post are existing but I think I may have seen one with this logo a long time ago.

Attachments

• 1031 Gr.Z.92 Preussen.jpg
    1031 Gr.Z.92 Preussen.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 30
  • R.B.-03.jpg
    R.B.-03.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Oops... sorry Alpini, guess I really need reading glasses because I also got the "E&O" marking wrong.:tinysmile_angry_t:
After taking a better look it appears to be "E&G". (do you perhaps know which company this is?)

DSCN0418.jpg

Regards Arjen

Hello Arjen,

Ok, "E & G" is one of the well known stamps found on many fuzes. The company behind is the "Ehrich & Graetz Metallwarenfabrik AG" (that's not well known).

The Dopp.Z.92's were normally made by the state factories. It's an exception the E&G made them too.

Regards, Alpini

Last edited: