What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mysterous 81mm. mortar ammo

tiger22

Anybody knows more info about this mortar ammo? It was used during Winter war 1939-40, which was used by Finnish army. This mortar ammo is in the middle in this picture that I uploaded. Length 379mm. without fuse 12 wings.

Attachments

• 81 ja 3 tuumanen 020.jpg
    81 ja 3 tuumanen 020.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 126
The one on the Right is German 81mm. The one on the left looks Russian.

The mortar fuze was already discussed here....somewhere...

Attachments

• finn1.JPG
    finn1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 34
Hello,
Interesting post because I'm looking for information on a similar fuze.
Ok for left round (Russian 82mm O-832) and right red round (German 8cm).
Projectile in the middle is interesting, maybe scandinavian.
Nabob the fuze is similar to finnish SR32 but I think this fuze is longer and maybe with different designation (not sure, cameras could distort)
I have a picture with a cutaway of a longer fuze to ID. I assume finnish but no other information.

Regards

Sytyttimet-900 - Copie.jpgSytyttimet-900.jpg

sr32 and unk.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the mortar is Finland "Tampella" with tail Brandt... and the fuze is Finlad too, or SR32 or IS33 (new model for me)

Greeting

Antonio

Projectile-a-grande-puissance-pour-mortier-de-81-mm-Tampella-1935-Finlande_Página_07.jpgProjectile-a-grande-puissance-pour-mortier-de-81-mm-Tampella-1935-Finlande_Página_03.jpgProjectile-a-grande-puissance-pour-mortier-de-81-mm-Tampella-1935-Finlande_Página_05.jpgProjectile-a-grande-puissance-pour-mortier-de-81-mm-Tampella-1935-Finlande_Página_06.jpgProjectile-a-grande-puissance-pour-mortier-de-81-mm-Tampella-1935-Finlande_Página_08.jpgProjectile-a-grande-puissance-pour-mortier-de-81-mm-Tampella-1935-Finlande_Página_04.jpg

NO3NH4

Just figured out how you concocted your member name. Excellent.
:congrats: