What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German box

Lefa.

Hello everybody,

I'd like to understand what kind of box is showed in the attached picture.
I'm on about the box contained in the central suitcase, that has the conventional red stripe crossing the product label and a white or yellow line that goes all around the box edge.

Little contextualization: eastern Italy, early 44, WASAG trial on freshly developed NIPOLIT charges for underwater use.

Being trials on the explosive itself and not on the charge as a whole system I believe that were elctriccally ignited without using any delay mean, the small recess on the charge's end seems to support such theory, hence the box might be related to a device included in the classic electrical blasting chain: blasting caps case? exploder?

What do you guys reckon?

Thank you!

M.

Attachments

• TAMPICO.jpg
    TAMPICO.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 113
No electrical ignition sistem.

NipomineA_01.jpgNipomineA_02.jpgNipomineA_03.jpgNipomineA_04.jpg

Flow fuze,

NipomineA_05.jpg

Panerai time fuze,

Fuze 3.jpgP9045179.jpg

and anti-removal fuze

NipomineA_06.jpg

Regards
stecol

Grazie stecol but this is not the case.

The first row and the last picture shows the "bauletto al Nipolit" (nipomine, sabotage mine type 5), the second picture shows the time fuze of the earlier "bauletto" (sabotage mine type 3) altough it was also used on the Type 5 even if manufactured by different producers (clockwork made by Borletti), the third row shows fuzes for the sabotage mine Type 4 (first) and for the SLC's self destruction mechanism (second), both clockworks made by Borletti too, not Panerai.

The picture of my request shows the nipomine trials, in the meanwhile I've found confirms in the archives that were electrically fired from the ship's deck but I cannot identify what kind of box is contained in the suitcase, clearly a german blasting accessory.