What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Japanese Type 3(a) training mine

Slick

Just received this today (THANKS BRUCE!), a Japanese Type 3(a) ceramic(terra cotta) from a US mine training set. Complete with the plastic replica fuze. From what I can gather, these are exact copies minus the manufacturer stampings. Empty, of course. The real ones would have been filled with 4 1/2 lbs of explosives. There was also a larger(+1" OD) real version.

More details can be found here: https://ww2data.blogspot.com/2016/05/imperial-japanese-explosives-land-mines_16.html

A fine new addition to the mine collection.
Mine Jap Type 3 3.jpg Mine Jap Type 3 4.jpg Mine Jap Type 3 2.jpg

nice mine,i always wanted one of those training sets but they usually go for good money if complete.i have a real ceramic mine(same as your training one)and a real yard stick mine which is also in the training set.

I also have the original technical bulletin TB ENG 79,use of Japanese mine training set no.2 that goes with the training set.