What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat Revelli 25 ?

Weasel

Premium Member
I found this in a box of bits, looks to me to be a Fiat Revelli projectile but not sure, some markings as shown in the pics, and what are my chances of finding a case for this one.
Best Weasel.

25mm 2.jpg25mm 1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Tony, I have not seen one for sale in the last 10+ years.
Best Weasel

I got the nose fuzed one about 15 years ago, have been looking since for the base fuzed in vain. I have searched in Italy and have not found one for sale there. Never know when l lighting may strike, but I would not hold my breath. Good luck.

These are my two. These 2 projectiles have 2 different style driving bands. I know one of my cases have been cut off. I believe both have been. The longest measures 80mm long, where I think it should be 87mm. I will restore the shorter case one day.
Old Italian brass is so fragile.
The best thing to do when you get an old Italian case is to anneal it and leave it alone.
Fiat Revelli 25 005.jpgFiat Revelli 25 004.jpgFiat Revelli 25 003.jpgFiat Revelli 25 002.jpgFiat Revelli 25 001.jpg

Thank you for all your reply and input, looks like I have to start looking for a Italian made 1" aiming round case then, I may end up putting it up for sale or trade.
Best Weasel

At SLICS this week, I ran across 4 real nice examples of this round and purchased one of them. After measuring the case, I have determined it's more like 25x99R. In the first two pics, you will see the crimp a 1/3 the way down the case. It was explained to me by the Seller that the projectile is seated that far down and the cases without the crimps were loaded with flares. The same cases could be loaded with projectiles or flares. In the 4th pic, I laid the new round side by side with the two rounds I originally posted. Although it's a guess, but I think the short case must have been cut down. Could they have used damaged or cut down cases for flares? Don't know................ We need some drawings showing what the flares look like now.

Thank you Weasel for starting this thread. I've learned a lot with it.

25x99R 001.jpg25x99R 002.jpg25x99R 003.jpg25x99R 004.jpg

That's a great find and the first complete round I have ever seen, thank you for showing it and really pleased the thread helped you out and enabled you to pick up a rare round.
Best Weasel