What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British .50 BMG Steel ammo box plastic inserts

Falcon

Does anyone here know of a source for the rectangular black plastic inserts the fit in the bottom of .50 BMG ammunition boxes? Also, what is the correct name for them?

I have bought some from a member here before now, but I can't remember who they were.

Thanks for any replies.

Sorry Slick, those aren't what I mean.

British .50 Cal boxes usually come with a flat plastic insert to fit around the raised centre of the bottom of the can. As far as I know, these were put in when the boxes were filled.

These are what I am looking for.

Falcon. I have one that you can have. It is green plastic, part SV3088. I also have a black spacing piece. PM me your address and I’ll put them in the post to you.

Attachments

• 8620DC64-F996-44E5-8754-5001A2F3C60C.jpg
    8620DC64-F996-44E5-8754-5001A2F3C60C.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for the reply.

Now that reccetrooper has posted a photo, this should make it more clear what I am talking about.

If anyone has any of these spare, please could you send a PM.

If the member who I bought some from before sees this, I would be interested if they have any more.

When we had SAA in ammo process buildings the plastic inserts were known to us only as packing pieces / packing fitments. Those shown by reccetrooper were common in H83 ammo containers for 7.62 mm. Unfortunately I never saw .50 In in an ammo process building, I only ever saw it fired and took no notice of the packaging. It may have been the same as for 7.62 mm. Common usage would make good economic sense.