What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for information on tall british 4.5 inch casings and if any for sale?

frijoles108

Hello all!
A good friend of mine and I were discussing weird casings we have spotted before recently and I breached the subject of a odd version of the 4.5 inch casing. A tall example. I have so far only ever seen 2 in photos, which led me and my friend to try to search for information on this casing, to no avail. Here is a few pictures of an example i could find photos of.
Regards!
23447a.jpg

23447.jpg

Sure the photo's belong to the same case? Completely unknown to me.

Sure the photo's belong to the same case? Completely unknown to me.

i think these are two separate cases, the second one looks like either a 2.95 inch or 95mm case. The HOW cases never had cannelure grooves as the projectile and case were separately loaded.

Exact same photos from a listing. It was for sale a long time ago. It is the second example I have seen just like this

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Exact same photos from a listing. It was for sale a long time ago. It is the second example I have seen just like this

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I saw the listing myself, and know the dealer. I think he just mixed the base photos up.