What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British & German sabotage devices

Bellifortis

Already quite a few years ago i bought, at a trade-fair, a photocopy of a WW2 british Bomb-Disposal publication apparently named "RED"(which apperently was published in more than 1edition), which I have never heard about otherwise. The titlepage is missing. It is similar to the S.O.E.equipment catalog, but has, besides the pictures much less written documentation. It lists sabotage equipment of german, italian and british origion, used by the germans and is the only publication listing german sabotage equipment in WW2 that I have ever seen. At the end, on the last page, the following code is written, which I think is like an adress of this publication : (B45/329) 6000 8/45 W.O.P. 23263 Does any member here know anything about this publication ?
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Already quite a few years ago i bought, at a trade-fair, a photocopy of a WW2 british Bomb-Disposal publication apparently named "RED"(which apperently was published in more than 1edition), which I have never heard about otherwise. The titlepage is missing. It is similar to the S.O.E.equipment catalog, but has, besides the pictures much less written documentation. It lists sabotage equipment of german, italian and british origion, used by the germans and is the only publication listing german sabotage equipment in WW2 that I have ever seen. At the end, on the last page, the following code is written, which I think is like an adress of this publication : (B45/329) 6000 8/45 W.O.P. 23263 Does any member here know anything about this publication ?
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Title is Enemy Sabotage Equipment. The document was put together by Rothschild's department in MI5 but released through the War Office. The printer's imprint that you quote is for the second edition. The decode of the imprint is (B45/329) [Warrant number], 6000 [quantity printed], 8/45 [date printed], WOP [printer War Office Press] 23263 [printers job number].

Put the book from 1945 in the download section under other references

Regards,

Chris

thanks for that,however it says I don't have permission to view the files???
moderator,what do I need to do?

I have seen that is downlaod twice so there must be a way to do it Kiwieod.

Regards,

Chris