What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cartridge 105 x 500 German April 1915

Bonnex

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
A friend of mine runs an antique shop on the same lines as Arkwight in 'Open all hours'. I never get out of the place without being stung and this week's visit was no exception. I am now the proud owner of German Cartridge Case and would appreciate a decode of the markings on the base, which are:

Karth
POLTE
APRIL 1915
crown symbol followed by Mg

Measures 105mm x 500mm. No photo available yet.

Not my field. I am assuming it is a German Naval 10.5cm L/35 but would appreciate the view of experts.

Thanks

Hi by the sounds of it, it’s the field gun case, the naval ones are taller. Can’t remember measurements of top of my head.
227 is lot number I think. Polte is the factory of where it was made. Not sure of karth, mine has it on too though. There is some good knowledge on this site so either il be corrected or the gaps will be filled. CheeRs

Last edited:
it`s a 105 x 504R for 10 cm Kanone 99, 04, 14 and 17

Karth=Kartuschhülse=for separate loading (the 10 cm K.99 used cartridged ammunition)
crown symbol followed by Mg=Military acceptance stamp. Mg is the Abbreviation for the city of Magdeburg. The acceptance was done inside Polte's factory in Magdeburg under supervision of military officers.

Last edited:
it`s a 105 x 504R for 10 cm Kanone 99, 04, 14 and 17

Karth=Kartuschhülse=for separate loading (the 10 cm K.99 used cartridged ammunition)
crown symbol followed by Mg=Military acceptance stamp. Mg is the Abbreviation for the city of Magdeburg. The acceptance was done inside Polte's factory in Magdeburg under supervision of military officers.

Very many thanks Alpini. Appreciated.