What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if you don't have room to display the real thing! Armortek 25pdr

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
I'm sure we'd all like the real thing if we had room for one, or if she who has to be obeyed allowed us to make room for one, but the next best thing must be the Armortek 25pdr. Measuring 32 inches long & weighing 9kg it does demand attention. The slew and elevation gears work, as does the breach and sighting slit. It comes with all its storage boxes etc and underslung turntable. The only thing is you have to buy it in kit form - and all those rivets are real so patience is required. Luckily this came from a local auction at a lot less than cost price.

Dave

Attachments

• 100_3818.jpg
    100_3818.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_3819.jpg
    100_3819.jpg
    286 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_3820.jpg
    100_3820.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 67
So at that size, what does it cut your range down to?

about the same range as a .41 calibre pistol bullet! The brass breach liner holds a .41 cartridge nicely but sadly they forgot to add a working striker system in the breach!

I wish you hadn't posted about your new toy. I'm afraid it's going to cost me a lot of money, now.
https://www.armortek.co.uk/

and time - and time is money too!! You could spend a couple of weeks preparing for, then having a miserable time running the Boston (MA) marathon in a 30mph bitter head wind in torrential freezing rain like my son yesterday or you could spend the same amount of time creating this wonderful 'toy' from the bits supplied. Its a no brainer really. And when you sit there and look at it you'll just think to yourself 'do you know, it really was worth it'!

about the same range as a .41 calibre pistol bullet! The brass breach liner holds a .41 cartridge nicely but sadly they forgot to add a working striker system in the breach!

Unfortunately here in the UK it would be classed as a Section 1 Firearm if it had a striker mechanism and firing pin.

If someone in the USA were to build it, is there any law stopping them from making it capable of firing blanks?

Don't worry Dave the boys in black will soon have a expert that will make a firing system for your toy if thy want. I got 5 years for a Victorian shotgun thy could only fire using a wooden mallet

Don't worry Dave the boys in black will soon have a expert that will make a firing system for your toy if thy want. I got 5 years for a Victorian shotgun thy could only fire using a wooden mallet

you were lucky they didn't also charge you for owning a mallet without a licence Dave - you would have got 10 years then!
y