Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks

if you don't have room to display the real thing! Armortek 25pdr

I'm sure we'd all like the real thing if we had room for one, or if she who has to be obeyed allowed us to make room for one, but the next best thing must be the Armortek 25pdr. Measuring 32 inches long & weighing 9kg it does demand attention. The slew and elevation gears work, as does the breach and sighting slit. It comes with all its storage boxes etc and underslung turntable. The only thing is you have to buy it in kit form - and all those rivets are real so patience is required. Luckily this came from a local auction at a lot less than cost price.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rrickoshae For This Useful Post:

apfsds (17th April 2018), copdoc (16th May 2018), Darkman (18th April 2018), Falcon (17th April 2018), proditto (17th April 2018), sksvlad (17th April 2018)

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,747 Times in 1,049 Posts
    So at that size, what does it cut your range down to?
    All dug or live ordnance shown in my posts is under EOD control and has been or will be dealt with accordingly by EOD personnel

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    about the same range as a .41 calibre pistol bullet! The brass breach liner holds a .41 cartridge nicely but sadly they forgot to add a working striker system in the breach!

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 526 Posts
    I wish you hadn't posted about your new toy. I'm afraid it's going to cost me a lot of money, now.
    https://www.armortek.co.uk/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I wish you hadn't posted about your new toy. I'm afraid it's going to cost me a lot of money, now.
    https://www.armortek.co.uk/

and time - and time is money too!! You could spend a couple of weeks preparing for, then having a miserable time running the Boston (MA) marathon in a 30mph bitter head wind in torrential freezing rain like my son yesterday or you could spend the same amount of time creating this wonderful 'toy' from the bits supplied. Its a no brainer really. And when you sit there and look at it you'll just think to yourself 'do you know, it really was worth it'!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrickoshae View Post
    about the same range as a .41 calibre pistol bullet! The brass breach liner holds a .41 cartridge nicely but sadly they forgot to add a working striker system in the breach!
    Unfortunately here in the UK it would be classed as a Section 1 Firearm if it had a striker mechanism and firing pin.

If someone in the USA were to build it, is there any law stopping them from making it capable of firing blanks?

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrickoshae View Post
    Don't worry Dave the boys in black will soon have a expert that will make a firing system for your toy if thy want. I got 5 years for a Victorian shotgun thy could only fire using a wooden mallet

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by millsbomber View Post
    Don't worry Dave the boys in black will soon have a expert that will make a firing system for your toy if thy want. I got 5 years for a Victorian shotgun thy could only fire using a wooden mallet
    you were lucky they didn't also charge you for owning a mallet without a licence Dave - you would have got 10 years then!
    y