What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This would be nice to have

What a beauty. But, me too, I do not earn my money that easily. Also, I surmise, that any and all munitions-museums would be interested to have a "Rain's torpedo" in their collection.
Greetings,
Bellifortis.

I would settle for the fuze alone - several years ago, one in exceptional condition sold (from memory) around the $1500 USD mark.

and much easier to "sneak" into the house!

Cheers
Drew

It took me a few years, reading many books, to find out about the exact set up and comp. of the Rain's Fuze. As far as my research goes, this is the 1. landmine-fuze in history.
regards,
Bellifortis.
I would settle for the fuze alone - several years ago, one in exceptional condition sold (from memory) around the $1500 USD mark.

Cheers
Drew

Cheers
Drew

I don't suppose you have a picture of the fuze by any chance Drew?

I infrequently "stumble" upon it when mindlessly googling - of course when I want to find it I can never get to locate it......

It was a US specialty site - I have another mindless google now..............

Attached are pages from the very nice book "Artillery Fuses of the Civil War" by Charles H.Jones. I consider this book to be the Best on this subject.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Attachments

• Rains Fuse 002.jpg
    Rains Fuse 002.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Rains Fuse 001.jpg
    Rains Fuse 001.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 23