What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.62 mm X 25 drill rounds

Bockscar

Ten examples of 7.62 m/m X 25 drill rounds acquired by myself recently. In all my years of collecting I have not came across this particular style of drill identification i.e three rings machined into the lower casing body. Hopefully another collector will have come across this particular and offer more information...as I say, I have not seen this particular type either in written form, nor in any forum, but that may just be me!
Dates in this batch date from 1948 through 1953.... Empty primer pockets throughout and the projectiles, held in the case by three "dot" crimps, attract a magnet.

Bockscar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 39
Never saw anything like that. One knurled ring, maybe, but never three. Nice find.

I have a russian 7,62 Tokarev dummy with three rings.

Attachments

• Zuschneiden_35.jpg
    Zuschneiden_35.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 18
Rigby,
nice one...is it head stamped at all? The rings on your example look to me to be impressed in the same style as mine.
Mine seem to have the rings lower down the case body than your example...in all my examples the the first lower ring begins just above the extractor groove.

Bockscar, your dummies are relatively common Bulgarian examples, made in a Soviet wartime pattern. I have had packets of these, and they were around the US for a while, a few years ago.
Rigby, yours appears to be a Soviet dummy with a CWS case. Can you post a pic of the headstamp?

Jonnyc,
Thanks for that information...just what I was looking for! I wasn't sure exactly where these particular examples originated from, and now to find out that they are Bulgarian, that seals it. Czechkoslovakia as well as Yugoslavia entered the frame whilst trying to find out just where these came from.

Bockscar.