What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Death of Stalin (2017)

sksvlad

1953, Stalin dies https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686844/, if you like Fawlty Towers and Monty Python, this funeral mess will make your day. Star studded performances with an avalanche of jokes. Power up your Kodi box and enjoy 2 hours of extreme satire. I am not kidding about Kodi, that's how I watched it, in full glorious DVD surround sound.
My own grandfather miraculously escaped Stalin-Beria claws, being Jewish, high ranking military and one of the top surgeons in Moscow, that is a miracle. My grandmother told me that they always had a small suit case with a toothbrush and 2 days of fresh clothing standing next to the front door, so he could just grab it when they came at night. They never did.

I understand it is 100% factual and that the CCCP was actually a non stop comedy show. It's just that in the background they killed millions of the their own people.

Yes, this movie follows history pretty close. even though with a bit of humour. Beria's execution scene is missing one little detail, they had to stuff a rag into his mouth before shooting him because he would not stop screaming and begging.
My mother was a teenager and was bicycling in the streets of Moscow when her bicycle chain broke. A bunch of militia people ran to her and questioned about her sudden stop. They told her she could not stop there and had to move. Later on she learnt that it was in front of Beria's house. They probably saved her life.