Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

The Death of Stalin (2017)

1953, Stalin dies https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686844/, if you like Fawlty Towers and Monty Python, this funeral mess will make your day. Star studded performances with an avalanche of jokes. Power up your Kodi box and enjoy 2 hours of extreme satire. I am not kidding about Kodi, that's how I watched it, in full glorious DVD surround sound.
    My own grandfather miraculously escaped Stalin-Beria claws, being Jewish, high ranking military and one of the top surgeons in Moscow, that is a miracle. My grandmother told me that they always had a small suit case with a toothbrush and 2 days of fresh clothing standing next to the front door, so he could just grab it when they came at night. They never did.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sksvlad For This Useful Post:

AE501 (20th April 2018)

Thanks
    Saw it a week or two ago; loved it.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I understand it is 100% factual and that the CCCP was actually a non stop comedy show. It's just that in the background they killed millions of the their own people.
    William Mills - Thank you!

Thanks
    Yes, this movie follows history pretty close. even though with a bit of humour. Beria's execution scene is missing one little detail, they had to stuff a rag into his mouth before shooting him because he would not stop screaming and begging.
    My mother was a teenager and was bicycling in the streets of Moscow when her bicycle chain broke. A bunch of militia people ran to her and questioned about her sudden stop. They told her she could not stop there and had to move. Later on she learnt that it was in front of Beria's house. They probably saved her life.