What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 Fuze – German?

Depotman

Premium Member
I’ve not seen this type of brass time fuze (Rheinmetall?)without Arabic markings (from the Crimea?) before. There are in fact very few markings at all –can anyone identify it please? Depotman

DSC_0892.jpg
DSC_0894.jpgDSC_0893.jpg

Hello,
Belgian used exactly the same krupp fuze with marking EP.
Romanian also had this fuze in service.

Regards

It's a french fuze made by Schneider (with a design which made it compatible to Krupp fuzes). Just difficult to say for which country.

Bulgaria would be a candidate too.

Krupp started with these fuzes around 1900. I think Schneider started to produce compatible fuzes some time later, I think around 1905. They got orders due to political descisions in the buyer country (and maybe because of the price). The buyers mostly wanted to be independent of suppliers of a single country.

The first guns in countries like Romania /Bulgaria with these fuzes came from Krupp, later french guns had better technical data than the older Krupp guns so these where ordered. But with the requirement that the same ammunition of the Krupp guns is used. And again I think there were also political descisions involved.

Last edited:
Bulgaria would be a candidate too.

Krupp started with these fuzes around 1900. I think Schneider started to produce compatible fuzes some time later, I think around 1905. They got orders due to political descisions in the buyer country (and maybe because of the price). The buyers mostly wanted to be independent of suppliers of a single country.

The first guns in countries like Romania /Bulgaria with these fuzes came from Krupp, later french guns had better technical data than the older Krupp guns so these where ordered. But with the requirement that the same ammunition of the Krupp guns is used. And again I think there were also political descisions involved.

Thank-you once more for sharing your knowledge - it is much appreciated. Depotman.

The center of the first picture is a little bit out of focus. If you could take a better picture with the percussion setting good visible (if it still has one) the chance for a better identification will be increased a little bit ;-)

The center of the first picture is a little bit out of focus. If you could take a better picture with the percussion setting good visible (if it still has one) the chance for a better identification will be increased a little bit ;-)

I hope that these pictures will help. Depotman

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg