What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British/US 81mm M821 metal crate w/tubes and round.

Thanks to one of our members here who sold me the pristine metal case, Brit style US issue of 81mm mortar packaging, I am close to finishing this one out. 1) are the tubes positioned correctly? Seems I should cut some black foam for the ends, or not? Are the plastic tubes staggered mounted in the metal case? Can anyone supply a photo of an " as issued " opened crate? 2) I need some increment charges, the M821 as I understand uses "plastic looking doughnuts" on the fins as issued, does anyone know where I can find a few? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    240.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I will keep it in this state( with full tubes) until some knowledgeable person ( or ex mortarman) can shed more light on the packaging. As I drag this stuff to shows, I strive to keep it in original condition.Ordnance packaging, to me, is as interesting as the ordnance itself....until I run out of room.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: