What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18 pr casing Who made it.

Gspragge

Premium Member
I picked up this 1916 18Pr case yesterday, it had been lamped but other
than some damage to the primer threads it is externally good.
Who made it, DYN ?

Attachments

• IMG_0001 2.jpg
    IMG_0001 2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 53
Canadian Cartridge Co., Hamilton, Canada. The 'C' within a 'C'

DYN - The three letter strings appear on a lot of Canadian cases. The strings appear to be date incremental, despite researching the matter I can find no explanation, I think they are some form of 'Lot' identififier.

TimG

CCC was at the corner of Barton and queen in Hamilton its an empty lot now back when i used to work a steel company we would store steel for stelco they used the old CCC plant for coil storage and they also rented floor pace from us the truck drivers who knew I was into military items told me that the building steel store the coils in still had racks for shells and even a couple brass cases in the racks but that they were behind a locked fence they said there were still boards on the wall with numbers of shells produced ...This was about 30 years ago the building is long gone