What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15mm German shell fair price to pay

Canuck

Good day I have the chance to buy a mint ,live 15mm round it is painted yellow with waffen amps stenciled around projectile the steel case is lacquered it is like new I think it has the cardboard travel tube as well
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
First of all, be cautious about any live ammunition of this calibre, if yellow projectile then it is likely to be explosive.

That said....the German 15mm MG151 (15x96) is one of the scarcer German aircraft cannon calibres, it was superseded by the more prevalent 20mm MG151/20.

Values are always subjective, but to me anything in the $150 to $200 for a "mint" example would be a 'fair price'.

Good luck!
Peter.

I agree with Peter,
Yellow (= HE)& live ... does NOT make for something to have on the shelves! Top notch demilled 15mm are not overly hard to find!

This sounds absolutely terrible, I would not be touching that thing with a 20ft pole if it is still live as you say. Just because it is on the shelf does not mean its safe, especially in Canada where that could get you in some serious trouble.

This sounds absolutely terrible, I would not be touching that thing with a 20ft pole if it is still live as you say. Just because it is on the shelf does not mean its safe, especially in Canada where that could get you in some serious trouble.

Being a little dramatic aren't you?..........................

Thx guys it will be in a display cabinet with all the others it will be safe

I don't know Canadian laws about this, but if it's legal, put it on your shelf and save it from Inerters. It is legal in the US to have live rounds of this caliber and I have plenty on my shelf.

I am not worried out live cartridges with gunpowder, I am talking about a possibly live projectile with HE in it which is most certainly not legal in Canada. Unless you have the proper licenses which are typically for mining companies etc.