Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks

France Bomb Fuze ?

Need help again! Who knows this French bombshell? What is the name? For which bomb? When was he on duty? Need as much info as possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (11.2 KB, 75 views)
    Search always English and US Bomb Fuzes!

Thanks
    I have a problem with this fuze. On one side the look of the suspension and vanes bring to is identification as a Type H modele 1921 (for 10kg anti-personal bombs) or 1929 (for 10kg incendiaries) but the part under the vane is conical and this is not supposed to be so - would it be that this part is in fact part of the bomb and not of the fuze itself? Another possibility being of course the fuze for the Stankovich 12kg bombs. However I must say that my field is mainly bombs and air dropped equipment, rather than fuzes,.

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusse2004 View Post
    Need help again! Who knows this French bombshell? What is the name? For which bomb? When was he on duty? Need as much info as possible.
    Hi Fusse,
    Can you give us the marking that we can see stamped on the fuze ?
    I agree DreanK, it's very similar on a French bomb fuze, but I don't find it in my books. The cylindrical part of it let me think on a pyrotechnic or mechanical delay holder but without other views of the fuze we can't confirm it.
    The booster holder seems to be typical French also.

Yoda
    Any live or dug ordnance presented by me has been disposed of by EOD technicians.

Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Hello Dreamk + Yoda! Unfortunately, I only have the photo! I was also asked what this Fuze is about. I have found nothing in my documents. Am also of the opinion that it is a 24/31 1921 Bombfuze for 10 kg bombs. Thank you for your opinion. Harry
    PS. I found something! This foot is offered by Gun Broker under ID: 769544662.
    Search always English and US Bomb Fuzes!

Thanks
    I checked my files - Here's the Vasic fuze for Stankovich (Vistad) 106kg bomb - quite similar isn't it? except for the absence of vertical suspension hook

Vasic fuze for preWW2 Yugoslav 106kg VISTAD bombs.jpg
    and here in place on a 106kg bomb
    Bombe STankovic 106Kg on Yugoslav do17k-bomb.jpg
    The answer may well be in a vertical suspension version of this very fuze...a kind of variation also known with French bomb fuzes in the interwar
    Last edited by Dreamk; 11th May 2018 at 12:32 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamk For This Useful Post:

Yodamaster (11th May 2018)

Ordnance Approved
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamk View Post
    I checked my files - Here's the Vasic fuze for Stankovich (Vistad) 106kg bomb - quite similar isn't it? except for the absence of vertical suspension hook

Vasic fuze for preWW2 Yugoslav 106kg VISTAD bombs.jpg
    and here in place on a 106kg bomb
    Bombe STankovic 106Kg on Yugoslav do17k-bomb.jpg
    The answer may well be in a vertical suspension version of this very fuze...a kind of variation also known with French bomb fuzes in the interwar
    Interesting idea Dreamk, we talked about this yellow fuze and I thought it could be a fuze for other country with a french shape detonator

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/thread...ench+bomb+fuze

I was told 12kg bombs used by French came from Czech.

stankovic.jpg
    Last edited by MINENAZ16; 11th May 2018 at 05:41 PM.
    Any Live or Dug ordnance shown by me has been disposed of by EOD personnel .

Thanks
    Stankovich (Nikola Stanković) was the name of the engineer that devised these bombs - he founded in 1935 the Yugoslav Vistad company which works \were in Višegrad though the company headquarters were in Srajevo. In 1937 he opened another factory in Valjevo. Interestingly the 12kg Stankovich was the only bomb of foreign origin used by the French. As a matter of fact, to complicate the issue, this fuze used on teh Stankovich bombs may well have been a development of a Polish fuze - the 48/60 FA wz.35 that looks almost identical except for the metallic ring linking the tip of the vanes.
    Last edited by Dreamk; 12th May 2018 at 10:23 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamk For This Useful Post:

MINENAZ16 (13th May 2018)

Thanks
    BTW Yellow was the paint color for explosive aerial bombs in the thirties in France (and the US - there was even a tentative to make this an "international standard", with even the Soviets adopting it for a very brief period). This is not always obvious on photographs, as on B&W chromatic film, widely used in the thirties and early forties, Yellow appears as...black. Yugoslav bombs were painted green (a kind of medium olive-green shade), grey, or even, from reports on the paints found at Vistad Factory in 1941, orange.