Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Thanks

My young collection

Hey, i have been collecting for a year at this point. Over that time i got into munitions. I will say my collection is small right now but at the moment i have german 20mm and 37mm going to be delivered. A rg42 hand grenade and m-43 stock mine to add soon!
    here is what i have at the moment, a cut down 3.7” AA shell. Two 13pr II Sharpnel shells. A HE-T german 20mm, a AZ23 fuze and a german 57mm nordenfelt shell

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jb4046 For This Useful Post:

apfsds (12th May 2018), Erichris29 (4th June 2018), Spaceinvader (12th May 2018), Weasel (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Nice! Some sweet specimens there!

Jason

4. The Following User Says Thank You to apfsds For This Useful Post:

Jb4046 (12th May 2018)

Images
    Thanks
    Hi Jb4046,
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your collection with us, that's a good start indeed !
    Best Weasel
    Please use the SEARCH function

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Weasel For This Useful Post:

Jb4046 (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Welcome, thanks for posting pictures. Please be sure to add pictures as your collection grows, we all love pictures. I arrived here about three years ago, glad I did. You will find the knowledge base here unmatched, and many here have been in the field for 30 years or more.TM's can always be found, but there is no substitute for the information members can add. On another note, Ordnance is increasing in popularity, these past few years prices are way, way up from when the old timers started and availability is getting scarce. If you need/want a piece, buy it as you will probably not find it again for at least 20 years ( an auctioneer told me a lot of this stuff " recycles " or stays in a collection for about 20-30 years).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 917601 For This Useful Post:

Jb4046 (12th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome. Tonight i already ordered a spare fuze and cardboard tube for a 20mm flak so expect an update soon!

Thanks
    image.jpg

Heres a update to my collection with my recent purchases. This forum is great. Before i was thinking there was not alot written about the majority of munition related topics. But looking at old threads and following links people put out. I have now bookmarked a ton of sites. I may be buying larger shell types soon!
    here is what i have got
    two unknown British shells which have some sort wax blocking out the stamps on the bottom
    a pak 36 ap projectile. 1942 dated
    a french 37mm casing 1917 dated
    a m43 stockmine
    a fuse for a 20mm flak 38 (AZ5045) 1939 dated
    a 20mm flak 38 casing. 1938 dated
    Rg42 grenade . I don’t understand russian markings
    a cardboard transport tube for 20mm flak shells
    and a 3,7cm flak 18 shell casing. 1939 dated

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb4046 For This Useful Post:

Weasel (29th May 2018)

Images
    Thanks
    Thank you for the update to your collection, looks great. i am one of the oldtimers mentioned in an above post and can agree that availability and prices have indeed gone up, there are some rounds that i bought 25 years ago that i have not seen for sale since and others that were common in good conditon now seem to fetch a similar price in almost relic condition.
    Still a fascinating interest to have and one that you are always learning in well i speak for myself, are there any specific rounds or items you are looking to find or would want to add to your collection ?
    Best Weasel
    Please use the SEARCH function

BOCN HELPING TO PROMOTE SAFE RESPONSIBLE ORDNANCE COLLECTING

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Weasel For This Useful Post:

Jb4046 (31st May 2018)

Thanks
    Thank you! I am wanting to get larger rounds in the sense of 75mm+ ww2 rounds either allied or axis. I have seen the 88s for sale here and some other websites selling large rounds. I do like Flak Shells, german shells and individual fuses and i am looking towards getting storage crates and more russian grenade types.

I am 16 so i only have a £60 a week paperround to fund this hobby. Soo i cant buy the mintest rounds. seeing the threads on here about people restoring rounds, makes me want to try restore around at some point. If they are tattered enough.