What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese 105mm APFSDS ammunition

Spaceinvader

Hello everyone!
I am looking for information on the following 2 Chinese 105mm APFSDS cartridges. I have found multiple angles of them and after careful examination I believe I have both the bottom and middle sabots (as well as the 125mm sabots). What I cannot find out though is weather the middle cartridge is 100 or 105mm. I have seen it labeled as both and the sabots I have also measure 105mm.

The bottom most cartridge is a "DTW2" 105mm cartridge, same as the common Royal Ordnance L7 cannon.

I have also found another photo showing the same black semi-combustible casing(s) but the website I found it on was in Portuguese and google translate can only do so much. The article claims they are 125mm but that doesn't make sense.

Anyone have any other info regarding the middle black semi-combustible cartridge? Also any info regarding them would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Chinese 125mm complete cartridge2.jpg
    Chinese 125mm complete cartridge2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Chinese APFSDS ammuniton .jpg
    Chinese APFSDS ammuniton .jpg
    32 KB · Views: 34
  • Chinese 125mm complete cartridge.jpg
    Chinese 125mm complete cartridge.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Chinese APFSDS ammunition 1 .jpg
    Chinese APFSDS ammunition 1 .jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Chinese 105mm DTW2 APFSDS .jpg
    Chinese 105mm DTW2 APFSDS .jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Chinese 105mm DTW2 APFSDS.jpg
    Chinese 105mm DTW2 APFSDS.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Chinese combustible cases .jpg
    Chinese combustible cases .jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 24
Well I have found more info but hasn't helped me at all figure out my original question! :D

The large black cases may be single piece 125mm rounds for a new Chinese 125mm gun, possibly for mounting on future tanks and not related as far as I can tell to other semi-combustible 105mm round. The black casings shown in the photo above are from the same display and can be seen in a few photos.
On top of that I found another photo of what also seems to be a single piece combustible 125mm APFSDS round, maybe someone knows about this one? Possibly related to the black cases above and the large tank cannon?

This isn't getting any easier!

Attachments

• Chinese 125mm tank gun .jpg
    Chinese 125mm tank gun .jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Chinese 125mm tank gun 1.jpg
    Chinese 125mm tank gun 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Chinese 125mm tank gun 2.jpg
    Chinese 125mm tank gun 2.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Chinese single piece 125mm .jpg