What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I let it get away ~

Gspragge

Premium Member
Our "Big" Spring antique show, I avoided any and all 18prs - (okay saw two as lamps)

But I had to leave this 9.2" behind as at $400 it was just too much and rather too heavy
but it looks decent though badly painted. The guy had it at $495 and dropped to $400 - but
wouldn't budge. I have no idea about markings, maybe some on the base ? But at 300+ pounds
I wasn't buggering around with it. I admit these don't turn up, there is a reason, but just
too much to deal with for me unless the price is really decent to give me incentive to injure myself~

But I was sad - :tinysmile_cry_t:

Attachments

• 9.2.jpg
    9.2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
By the condition of the rotating band, it looked to be in really good shape.

Our "Big" Spring antique show, I avoided any and all 18prs - (okay saw two as lamps)

But I had to leave this 9.2" behind as at $400 it was just too much and rather too heavy
but it looks decent though badly painted. The guy had it at $495 and dropped to $400 - but
wouldn't budge. I have no idea about markings, maybe some on the base ? But at 300+ pounds
I wasn't buggering around with it. I admit these don't turn up, there is a reason, but just
too much to deal with for me unless the price is really decent to give me incentive to injure myself~

But I was sad - :tinysmile_cry_t:
I noticed a few years ago really good ordnance pieces only turn up once in a great while, then it is never seen again. I tend to buy them when I see them knowing they will not be available again. That philosophy has left me with a few overpriced pieces, but they were quality and in just a few years those pieces turned into a wise choice. That said, more items I have bought on the spur of the moment turned out to be good deals. I had just bought a minty M456 Heat and a really nice Army 1944 brass cased 3" for 500 but I reasoned a few years down the road the worst I will do is break even. Tough choice at the time.