What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British wwii timing rings, which ones ?

Eion99

I have a lot of timing rings waiting to be cleaned from British WWII fuzes, how can I identify which fit what fuze?

I have a number of fuzes and apart from trying each one is there another way?

rings.jpg

I have a lot of timing rings waiting to be cleaned from British WWII fuzes, how can I identify which fit what fuze?

I have a number of fuzes and apart from trying each one is there another way?

View attachment 143405

I can certainly help once they are cleaned and sorted into groups of identical rings and measured and photographed. I the meantime, I have a
problem with a box of dirty and sea recovered fuze bits - how will you clean yours? Depotman

Certainly one of the two time rings that each No 221 fuze had will be marked `221'. Many are also marked `B Ltd' after `221'. The markings on the lower time ring went up to the number 22 and between each consecutive number the gradations were in tenths, similar to what is marked on a ruler. The time rings for the number 221 were about equal thickness, however you have others that are obviously deeper, from closer to the top of the fuze. I have one or two examples of the same but as yet have not identified which fuze they are from.