What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US underwater rocket

Lefa.

Hi everybody,

I was unsure where to post this request, green light in order to move the thread to the proper section.

I'm looking for informations about an underwater rocket for special purposes developed in the States during the '50s, the project name should be "Rocket 111" or "X-111" or "X-11" but might as well be classified under different names.
The rocket was a propulsion mean for miniature torpedoes, it was designed under a MWDP (Mutual Weapons Developement Program) between the US and Italy, cancelled during 1957 due to its excessive ballistic dispersion (400/500yd @ 90/100kn).

Does anyone has details about this? Thanks in advance.

I will probably ask a dumb question, but did you search dtic.mil ?

If not google it like that :
antisubmarine rocket site:dtic.mil
rocket underwater site:dtic.mil

cheers,

S.

Thank you S., not dumb at all!
I'm familiar with Google advanced search commands, but didn't searched into DTIC, it came out the below result which seems to fit perfectly, unfortunately none attachement..

[FONT=&quot]Accession Number : AD0669014[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Title : ROCKET PROPULSION (SOLID AND LIQUID) FOR UNDERWATER APPLICATION 1950-1959; A BIBLIOGRAPHY,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Corporate Author : GENERAL DYNAMICS/ASTRONAUTICS SAN DIEGO CALIF[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Personal Author(s) : Peck,T. P.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Report Date : MAY 1959[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
Pagination or Media Count : 3[/FONT]​