What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible Fascist Pole Top or ?

Gspragge

Premium Member
I picked this up a "Fasces" is the name for this type of thing, classic bundle of sticks with an axe , Cast Brass with gilding, about 7 1/2 inches long.

Any one ever see anything like it ? Something past through it sideways, maybe it held a small banner or flag/pennant.
The hole in the base has threads, maybe for a rod , A Roman Rifle Grenade ~ :xd:

Attachments

• fasces-3.JPG
    fasces-3.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 28
  • facses-2.JPG
    facses-2.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 32
  • fasces-1.JPG
    fasces-1.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 41
  • fasces-5.jpg
    fasces-5.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 25
  • fasces-4.JPG
    fasces-4.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 24
I had seen those, what I sort of surmise is what I have is similar enough to the repro to say that
I do have a flag pole top. The pre 1943 Fasces used seem to have the Axe come out of the side of the bundle, but the post
1943 to 1945 reformed party (North of the Germans in Italy) have it coming out of the top.
So what I have may be the later period, which may account for the relative crudeness of it, Political more than Military.

Attachments

• repro.png
    repro.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Late Fasces 43-45.png
    Late Fasces 43-45.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 10
Well this nails it ~ incomplete but considering how I found it quite something!
Image of it on the awful home made painted wood wall plaque ~

Attachments

• fasces-6.jpg
    fasces-6.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Pole top description.png
    Pole top description.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Flag and top.jpg
    Flag and top.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 13
Well for lack of anything else or a better idea I "Professionally" (non permanent, in case it turns out to be valuable:tinysmile_hmm_t:)put it into an unfinished
18pr shrapnel top ring and added it to the general "Decor" ~

Attachments

• Fasces.jpg
    Fasces.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.7 & Fasces.jpg
    3.7 & Fasces.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 16