Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pzjgr View Post
    Damn, that came out outstanding! I really like your technique of using the reverse part of the stick on letters...I will have to look up that brand, as you really can't do that with the ones I use...

I do the base paint with the letter color, put on the letters, and final paint over, then peel the letters...I always have issues with the ridges, never thought of scotch brite-ing them.

Thanks for the awesome thread an ideas!
    I did one like that, as you said the letter edges had high ridges, when I tried to get them down the yellow base paint came through....I repainted it and left it with out lettering. This method takes some time, but has very little ridge and can be Scothbrighted down also giving it the ink look. Be careful to firmly mash the sticky letter " templates" edges, when rolling it go only once or twice, remember inking is very light compared to paint. I would probably not do this again as I have four hours alone in applying the lettering.

Thanks
    A few examples of real inking....it appears there is no "perfect" inking, the sloppier the better, the only way you can go wrong is using the wrong color. Members, please add some pics of your inked pieces, Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 917601; 8th June 2018 at 12:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12