What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Energa Grenade HEAT No94 Mk3.

ron3350

My grenade books only show the Energa up to the Mk2/1 but this one is marked Mk3.
It is marked INERT and DUMMY dated 6-53.

The paint is poor but readable print. The nose was loose and leaked orange powder until I sealed the gap.
Nose threads are damaged and spread but it is an example I have not seen before.
Can anyone confirm if this is a common mark or an oddment? Paint work looks original.

Energa Mk3 a.jpgEnerga Mk3 b.jpgEnerga Mk3 c.jpg

+UyoSrzfTlKRelU7xZr1sg_thumb_252.jpgvP7GJKQ3RyOeGDlG0iyDIA_thumb_253.jpgQws+8R3lSaiHbxjBjqFVVw_thumb_251.jpgUsgpX9+xS%CXSH03FRvjHg_thumb_250.jpgylFaQ8r1R6m7OixxLYIuEw_thumb_24f.jpgEnerga HEAT N094 Mk2/1 Factory Inert Instruct.

No comments yet so I will show my nice Australian sectioned grenade. Dated 1962. Used with the SLR rifle.
The dummy Grenade blank is scarce with pierced primer and headstamped: MF 71 7.62 F2 with a blackened neck.
Australia used the ringed tail fin as you would already know.