What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Importing stuff into France & Belgium

LCplCombat

MODERATOR/ORDNANCE APPROVED
Ordnance approved
I will shortly be attending an organised archaeological dig in Belgium and if it is ok to do so I will be taking some EOD scrap as training aids. It will be accompanied by FFE certificates signed by a BDO. Do French and Belgian authorities get squeaky if you take anything INTO their countries? I won't be brining it home with me.

That's a good question, and I have heard various answers, most stating that you can't collect old (or current) ordnance in France since everything is forbidden and I don't think the times are pushing towards leniency. But may be someone can give a more accurate answer?

I wasn't clear, I meant posession of ordnance is forbiden in France as far as I know and since you cross the border, you have to abide French laws. But may be someone can shed a different light on this?