What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinese APERS 72C Mine?

ron3350

Can someone confirm if this is a Chinese type 72C APERS mine? I found a photo showing inside a 72B and this one is different.
I found a reference to a 72C but have no photo. It has two Sun Moon 3V batteries and electronics.
The top has wrinkled due to age or heat. Marked 169-86-652A on bottom. I guess it shows 1986 date? Chinese made?

2%4Qkjv4QKWI%IwgK4zV5w_thumb_21d.jpgUtFlDbK7Qk+OnoBXo+vb%w_thumb_21f.jpgu+6WgUcmQ3K4bG+7yRrchw_thumb_21e.jpg37hnA7DdSrOc14xkbB0aWQ_thumb_21a.jpg

Thanks pzgr40 for this site. I looked on the net at nolandmines.com and it obviously showed the wrong mine photo with a trembler and said it used 2x1.5v batteries. Your reference shows my mine so it is a 72b. You can see why I queried the identification. Thanks. Ron.

Can someone confirm if this is a Chinese type 72C APERS mine? I found a photo showing inside a 72B and this one is different.
I found a reference to a 72C but have no photo. It has two Sun Moon 3V batteries and electronics.
The top has wrinkled due to age or heat. Marked 169-86-652A on bottom. I guess it shows 1986 date? Chinese made?

Type-B and C are both electronic mines, the difference is that Type-C has self-destruct mechanism, whereas Type-B can persist until lithium cells ( 2x3V in series) are exhausted, which can be up to 10 years. If you take picture of PCB, then I'd be able to tell whether it's type B or C. Cheers