What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French AMX 13 Tank 75mm Drill Rounds - Israeli Service

M8owner

The only info I have on these is the photos. I have no dimensions or other photos. These have what appear to me to be obvious French and Israeli ink stamps. Are these for the AMX 13 tank with the 75mm cannon? Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• amx 75.jpg
    amx 75.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 126
  • amx 75-2.jpg
    amx 75-2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 102
  • amx 75-3.jpg
    amx 75-3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 87
  • amx 75-4.jpg
    amx 75-4.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 79
Yes, and they were also mounted on M4 Shermans. The Hebrew says, "MUZZLE VELOCITY: 750 METERS/SECOND".

They have been positively identified as French made CN75-M50 training rounds. I have attached photos of the projectiles and case head stamps. I will be getting one for myself and a spare just in case anyone is interested.

Attachments

• cn75-50 training rounds.jpg
    cn75-50 training rounds.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 66
  • cn75-50 headstamp.jpg
    cn75-50 headstamp.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 46
I bought three of these rounds, and it looks like I have two Israeli and one French made. There are two different head stamps and ink markings on the case sides. The Israeli ones show Hebrew on the primers and have green dummy projectiles. The French one has a black projectile. The projectiles have a thin plastic coating over what is probably wood. The projectiles are crimped in, and the cases are filled with sand.

Attachments

• CN75-50 dummy ink stamps.jpg
    CN75-50 dummy ink stamps.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 27
  • CN75-50 dummy projectiles.jpg
    CN75-50 dummy projectiles.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 28
  • Israeli CN75-50 dummy round head stamp.jpg
    Israeli CN75-50 dummy round head stamp.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 31
  • French CN75-50 dummy round head stamp.jpg
    French CN75-50 dummy round head stamp.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 26
I'm shocked by the interest. I "schlepped" a bunch of these around for years (also Israeli 106 RCL and 90mm) and couldn't get rid of the damn things.

Lucky you!
I think I got mine from the original importer in Easton, PA. about 25+ years ago! He bought some containers full of Half-Track parts, and they stuffed the empty spaces with all sorts of tank round dummies, training bazooka rockets, helmets, etc. I stuffed my Jeep Cherokee full of stuff, and I just sold the last 40mm dummy at St. Louis! I still have about a dozen 20mm dummy rounds.