Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 612 Posts
    Where did you get the Styrofoam packaging and the metal ammo can for the round. Your renovated round looks excellent by the way!
    ___HAZ/
    _____/ORD Hazardous Ordnance Recognition
    ________Saving Lives Through Education

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I got that storage tube and another smaller one for the 155mm powder charge bags waaaay back when I was in the military in the 90’s. I was stationed in a place that had not only the AF base I was stationed at, but 2 naval bases/air stations, 2 army bases, and a small Marine installation. In the general area of all of this there was a surplus store I loved to frequent, and they had stacks of these containers of various kinds for what seemed to be an acre... I recall them being about $10. I didn’t collect ordnance then, but thought they’d be good for storage and they looked cool. About a year ago I dug this thing out and realized I had everything but the round that goes in it, so it would be fair to say I bought the projectile simply because I had the packing for it.

I miss that surplus store... they had anything and everything. The guy who ran it collected patches. He traded me a mint BDU-33 for a squadron and wing patches we had made in Saudi Arabia. Great deal!
    -Steve

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Can you take a tape measure to your steel container and tell me the length from the bottom to top rim, and the diameter across the top rim? I think it might be the same can they used for 8 inch howitzer powder bags.
    ___HAZ/

Premium Member
    Thanks
    If you mean the tube the 152 is in and not the smaller 155 powder tube I mentioned in my last post, then the dimensions are 36.25” OAH, 10.5” across the rim, and 9” ID.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 94thFS95 For This Useful Post:

HAZORD (14th July 2018)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    No joy on the 8 inch can match-up. The 8 inch powder can is only 29 inches long and doesn't have the extra stiffener band around the middle.
    ___HAZ/

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I’m surprised to hear that actually, I’d have thought they’d want to minimize the number of different tubes contracted.
    Do you have 8” projectiles? I’ve been talking to a guy about getting an 8” HERA... we’re at $400 if I pick it up, and I don’t know if that’s high, on target so to speak, or a great deal. The paint and markings are excellent

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I do have 8 inch projos. None of mine have factory markings. I think $400.00 would be a good deal for one in good shape with minty markings, considering they are out of inventory. The M650 RAP is a sighter round for the Nuke.
    ___HAZ/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12