What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian 47/32 stencil

94thFS95

Premium Member
217EEB3D-9927-47E3-9874-83D34F191240.jpg
Hello all,
Does anyone have an example of what was stenciled on the Italian 47/32 mod 35 APBC projectile? Mine has the reddish orange windscreen, traces of the pale blue main projectile color (which matches RLM 65 paint chips), white mid-band, and green band just above the rotating band. It has stenciling on 2 sides for sure, one of which is completely illegible. I even had my wife, photoshop whiz that she is, try to extract information through various color channel techniques to no avail.
The other side has some legible but too faint to photograph lettering:

-T-N-P
77-20-3
47/32

Does anyone have documentation on these markings?

Last edited:
A co-worker has a German wife so they go to Germany to see her family at least once a year. It was brought back for me from a Berlin flea market.
-Steve

Thanks M8owner.... that’s definitely the most complete stencil I’ve seen yet. I’d like to think it’s just a great start.... there’s another side for sure.

In that thread you linked to, there’s a site referenced.... http://www.cesimmunizioni.eu/
there is a post in the ammunition over 20mm catagory specifically showing the “ink” on the 47/32. The problem here is I’m not a member so I can’t see the pictures, and I can’t register because there is a problem with the “nationality” drop down tab. Anyone a member of this site who can view the pictures? On my browser under that catagory, it was a post on the second or third page.

Back around 2000 I had the opportunity to photograph a large collection of WWII projectiles stashed in a closet at the Italian EOD School, there were various 47s included. I posted a number of the photos here and provided others on request. I have no idea what the thread was initially discussing, but a search may find the pictures. Just back from 8 days on the road and I've got no time to search for the pictures right now, if you don't find anything in a search let me know and I'll try to find some time to do a search in my files, maybe this weekend.

The other side has some legible but too faint to photograph lettering:

-T-N-P
77-20-3
47/32

Does anyone have documentation on these markings?

Are You sure that is TNP and not NTP ?

Ammonium Nitrate 77%
T4 (RDX) 20%
Paraffin 3%

Regards
stecol

This is all I've got. The AP and an additional HE as a bonus. Sorry that I don't have an image of the other side of the projectiles, but I was given access to about 100 rounds for only maybe an hour and did what I could with the time available. These rounds were not the purpose of the visit and so it was a rush job to get what pictures I could.

DSC_0054.jpgDSC_0055.jpg

Thank you for posting this picture. It’s not what mine says on the stenciling, but none the less it is still BY FAR the most intact example of that projectile I’ve seen anywhere. Also, thanks for taking time away from the main reason you were there to document the other rounds!
-Steve