What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO 12 Switch

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Does anyone know if the British had a NO 12 MK 2 Switch?
And is there any information available on it?

Joe

Does anyone know if the British had a NO 12 MK 2 Switch?
And is there any information available on it?

Joe
They did Joe. It differs from the Mark 1 in being fitted with a longer 'trapping pin' and the filling arrangement is modified.

You don't happen to have some pictures of that one? All I could find was an old Ebay sale.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, I can find a photo of a Mark I but the Mark 2 will be challege. The Mark 2 looks the same apart from the marking.

These are cool switches. I would love to find one eventually.
Can you tell me the measurements of them? Mainly looking for the length of the MK 2.

Joe

I have both marks. The Mk2 is marked SWT.No.12.MK2.RM.58.BK RDX/TNT1 9.CY.9/59. Pics when I can take.

Just looking at the two cutaways it seems one might be longer than the other, unless it is how they took the pictures.
The data sheet is perfect.
Thanks ...

Joe

Just looking at the two cutaways it seems one might be longer than the other, unless it is how they took the pictures.
The data sheet is perfect.
Thanks ...

Joe

Left is unfired (with weight op top) , right is fired, (weight removed)