What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No.9 L Delay Switch

juno-44

Hi,

I am familiar with the fuse adapter on the bottom No.9 switch but not with the top one which I presume is for a detonator.
Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon.

Regards, juno-44

trap10.jpg

hi there just looking at the top delay the brass split pin should not be there I cannot see a reason it's there. don't discard it as it looks like a safety pin for a brit WW1 rifle grenade. ....Dave

Hi,

I am familiar with the fuse adapter on the bottom No.9 switch but not with the top one which I presume is for a detonator.
Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon.

Regards, juno-44

View attachment 144074

The upper No 9 switch uses the original MD1 cap holder. A detonator could be crimped directly to the holder. An aluminium tube was also provided which allowed safety fuze, or FI, to be fitted to the switch; the aluminium tube being crimped to the fuze and the cap holder.

The spring snout was devised by MD1's rivals in SOE (another invention by Langley). MD1 adopted the spring snout for the L Delay.

Last edited by a moderator:
The upper No 9 switch uses the original MD1 cap holder. A detonator could be crimped directly to the holder. An aluminium tube was also provided which allowed safety fuze, or FI, to be fitted to the switch; the aluminium tube being crimped to the fuze and the cap holder.

The spring snout was devised by MD1's rivals in SOE (another invention by Langley). MD1 adopted the spring snout for the L Delay.

[sent again]

Last edited by a moderator:

[sent again]

Hi Bonnex,

Maybe you should change the colour of the text to white?

Hi Bonnex,

Maybe you should change the colour of the text to white?

Thanks Anders, and apologies all. I am not quite sure what I did but I have reselected a font colour of white which, hopefully, will sort it out.