What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Electro-Pneumatic Anti-Tank Mine

Bellifortis

Hi,
in a german WW2 document I found the description of an "Electro-Pneumatic AT-Mine". Never before have I seen anything like this in british documents. The pneumatic tube, it said, was 1,4m long. Does anybody know more ?Electro-pneumatic AT-Mine.jpg
regards,
Bellifortis.

Hi,
in a german WW2 document I found the description of an "Electro-Pneumatic AT-Mine". Never before have I seen anything like this in british documents. The pneumatic tube, it said, was 1,4m long. Does anybody know more ?View attachment 144081
regards,
Bellifortis.

Very interesting! Can You tell name of the book where this picture?

@Ivashkin,
the manual is named : "Merkblatt 45/21 ueber englische Spreng-und Zuend-mittel, Minen und Zuender" dated 1.Aug.1942 . This is in the "Merkblatt" series, the one about russian material is more common.
@TimG,
I also thought about this. But, because it says especially "pneumatic tube" and "pneumatic feeler" in the mine. The front-covering length of the "feeler-T" is 2,75m long. That also makes me think that it is a different system. The other one is just a length of tubing with the electrical contacts, spaced apart, inside. But, as I mentioned before, I have never before heard anything about a system like this. Tim, I'm 95% shure, that you can find this handbook in the Archive. Just search for the above exact title. Oh, you also can find it online at www.michaelhiske.de under 1.: Heer 2.: Merkblaetter 3.:Merkbl.45/21 This site is incredible. Enjoy.
regards
Bellifortis.

Years ago in the US at petrol stations (when we had full service, excluding Oregon and New Jersey) there would be a pneumatic tube that you drove over ringing a bell and letting the station attendant know that you needed fuel. Now they use a similar pneumatic line across roads to count vehicle usage. Could this mine actuator be a similar system? Cheers, Bruce.