What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

L Series British 1" Signal Cartridge Case Makers.

ron3350

The L series Signal Cartridges have been posted before but the case makers have not been identified. We all know RG but who can identify B&SB, SEIL, ERMAL and CFP ? Also filling factory SQ which is on the base and side of one case. Have I missed any other makers ?

pmLcVCOtTP6Dh5ZgEiWGmA_thumb_2c4.jpgRZVtSdyySAetxrb3VRKaSw_thumb_2c5.jpghN4Ae1x0Q9i7uSfF2hftNQ_thumb_2c6.jpgLdgmb%%7TNqPA9d9RIwkHw_thumb_2c7.jpg

The following are educated guesses -

SEIL - Selmore (Engineering) Industries Ltd., 23 & 43 Hollybush Gardens, Bethnal Green Road, London, E2. This company supplied the Admiralty, but what, I've no idea. I've made a few enquiries, but as of to date have been unable to find out anything of this company.
ERMAL – ERM is Enfield Rolling Mills, Al – is Alumininium. Thus it might be Enfield Rolling Mills (Aluminium) Ltd. The company did exist, whether they made cartridge cases or not, I don’t know.

CFP - No idea.

SQ - Horst, what is your source for this being Sanquhar?

CFP – I’ve no idea.

TimG

Horst,

Thank you. That was my post, I did qualify it as being an "educated guess". My concern was that educated guesses can become internet fact.

Regards

TimG

The code for Brocks Fireworks is SQ for Sanquer where the factory is, just down the road from Lockerbie in the Borders.
Had you not put the ERMAL code I was going to put Eurometaal due to the similarity although it is listed as EMZ.

Thank you gentlemen for this information. I noticed in the old posting the FPL headstamp. Who is this ? Ron.