What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ID Rifle grenade reported as chem round

weberoed

Ordnance approved
The attached picture was reported as a suspect chemical round found in Syria. I have also attached the Technical Intelligence report where the pic came from. Not sure who their ordnance technical guy was, but report isn't very good.

It appears to me to be a 3D printed RG. But fins are similar to Belgium spigot RGs and a Chinese one I found. Is 66mm in dia, had some type of explosive filler and ball bearings in what was called a frag liner. No fuze, no other indication of how it was propelled, made of plastic. In the base of the fins there are 2 screws up into the fins, was reported a an electrical contact, but I doubt that observation.View attachment Suspect chem ord TnT.pdfI have searched countless folders, files web searches and asked several of my OED friends.reported as suspect chem item, 66mm dia.jpg