What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Z.d.Z. 25

Bellifortis

Today, while reading in some WW 2 german manuals, for the second time I read about a "Zug-und Druck-Zünder 25"= Z.D.Z. 25. The first time I thought, that this was a misprint. In this manual, dated 1939, it said that this fuze / igniter was no longer in production. Never have I seen or heard about this fuze before. Is there anyone here who knows anything about this fuze or may be even has a picture or drawing ? According to the model No. I assume, that this fuze was introduced in 1925 , but was outdated by 1939. The Z.D.Z. 29 is quite common and is one of the earliest german mine fuzes that I know.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Last edited:
Hallo,
nobody here seems to know this minefuze that apparently was in use in germany in the interwar-years, in the 1930's. I have never seen it myself. Now I found the above "Package Label" for this fuze. I do not know where to search for a picture. There must be somewhere a manual about this fuze. Any idea ?
regards,
Bellifortis.

Attachments

• Z.D.Z. 25.jpg
    Z.D.Z. 25.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 89
Hi you interested and knowlegable people,
whats the matter. Does nobody here know the answer to my above question. There must be some documentation of the technology of the interwar years 1919-1933. I still hope for an instructive answer or minimum a lead where I can search.
Regards,
Bellifortis.

Hi Bellifortis
Just found a diagram of this item in "Deutsche Landminen und Zunder bis 1945" by Wolfgang Fleischer which arrived in the post today. Not a bad reference book, and some good pictures. I have never seen this fuze, but will keep looking.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Switch

Hi Switch,
could you be so nice as to post a picture of the page of that book. I only know Wolfgang Fleischer's "Deutsche Landminen 1935-1945". This is not really a book but a periodical series called "Waffen-Arsenal", which I think is defunct now. Fleischer's mine publication appeared already many years ago. Is your book a new publication ?
regards,
Bellifortis.

Hi Switch,
thank you so much for your most interesting info. Meanwhile I have ordered the book already. It is very strange that I did not get an answer to my question for such a long time, also I posted it also in the german forum. The answer is, as you now showed, public knowledge since 2016.
with kind regards,
Bellifortis.

Hi Switch,
the book has arrived. Nice fotos, quite good quality and for the price, even cheap. But, besides the little info about the ZDZ 25 , no info I did not have already. The little info on the S.Mi.Z.44 may even be partly wrong. He gives 3 manufacturers, but no foto of a real fuze. About the ZDZ 25 there is so little information, that I'm not even shure about its exact functioning in the pressure mode. The drawings just show a screw holding the firing-pin. I don't understand how his screw could disengage upon additional pressure on the firing-pin.
Greetings,
Bellifortis.

Hi Bellifortis
Book has some good pictures and is relatively cheap - My main problem is that I do not read German well, but practice helps. It may also explain my lack of comprehension of the text. Looking closely at the ZDZ 25 pictures, the only way I can see the item functioning in the "Druck" mode would be to remove the side screw interrupting the striker, and rely on the top safety pin as a shear wire to retain the striker until adequate pressure is applied downwards. Seems a rather crude solution, and not up to usual German enginering standards, so I suspect that some details may be missing. I have a couple of people who may be able to help further so I will drop them a line.
Cheers
Switch