What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antique Toy Cannon That Launches Projectiles

M8owner

I found this in an antique shop. It appealed to me as I made a marble firing toy cannon for my son; we spent hundreds of hours firing cannon balls at wood block forts when he was growing up. This one is unique in that it has geared traverse and worm gear elevation. It appeals to me as a machinist. The maker is "B&B Mfg". It takes rounds up to 17mm in diameter. I am reducing the number of things in my office, so PM me if you desire it for your collection.

Attachments

• toy cannon2.jpg
    toy cannon2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 59
  • toy cannon.jpg
    toy cannon.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 51
It is headed to a new home in Canada today, and I am getting a British fuse in exchange. I also have this antiaircraft gun toy. The barrels cam forward and spring back with a loud "Pom Pom" noise when you crank the handle. This is also available to go to a new home.

Attachments

• AA toy 2.jpg
    AA toy 2.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 47
  • AA toy.jpg
    AA toy.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 28
No more space ! But what is that great looking toy next to it :xd:

Edit - just found this;
If this price is even vaguely close to reality you might do well
listing it - ought to be a few fuzes in it ~

Attachments

• Pom Pom.jpg
    Pom Pom.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Thank you Gordon. I see several pom pom's out on ebay: $49, $69, $250 and $650. I am going to guess that the ones under $100 are reality. Are you asking about the AO 2.5 kg Russian aerial cluster bomb - dated 1940? It is sitting there because my wife knocked it off its wall display plaque. It is awaiting repair.

Last edited:
Received the Toy Cannon and quite pleased with it. So there we are, now to find a spot for it ~