What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italian SB-MV/1 Landmine

ron3350

I think this is the correct identification for this mine. I was told it is an electronic training mine used by Australians and others in Afghanistan for practice mine laying? It is heavy at 5KG filled with a weight filling circa 2005? The electronics are missing and it has 3 blue dots on the top and a side panel painted blue for identification as inert or practice. Dimensions are approx. 220mmx 110mm. It is a green plastic casing with a red safety pin. All comments are welcome as to identification or use. Possibly tank or heavy vehicle mine. Why would an Italian mine be used? Ron.

Q1F7R8w5S5K0Je2uIOLDAQ_thumb_226.jpgzPM3MzZsQBuejDBnjm+YIA_thumb_242.jpgqwjEEcFiTcGRNE4jbQNpPw_thumb_225.jpgneu+J+jMRpKk1aLRPxEn%w_thumb_224.jpg

its more likely to have been used by Australians for training in recognition/deactivation of mines found in Afghanistan and other areas.